I was reading and article in the Ensign that talked about how to keep a strong family. I have to admit that the conference talks and Ensign articles speak to my heart more than anything else. I love to read and learn from the scriptures; but I feel the spirit so much more when I read the words of our latter day Prophets.
Anyway, this talk gave five things that would equate to a strong family in the gospel; a family that can overcome the world. I typed them up and printed them out. They are now posted on my board where I can see them every day. I am trying harder each day to make these a part of my life.
1. Family Prayer
2. Family Scripture Study- can be very fun!
3. Family Home Evening
4. Regular Family Dinner
5. One-on-one interviews- right now it is one on one time while the kiddos are young.
I have felt a huge change in myself as I have worked to be a better mother and wife. Every day I see more improvement. I am becoming who I really am in my heart. Some days I feel defeted, that I will never overcome my shortcomings. That is when I pray the hardest to my Heavenly Father to give me strength beyond my own. I love what the Church has given me. I am so much more because of it. It is so deep in my heart and that makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment